Abt Associates Office Assistant - SFHA Vietnam in United States
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
Abt Associates will implement the Sustainable Financing for HIV Activity (SFHA) in Vietnam, a two- year program funded by USAID/PEPFAR to support Vietnam’s transition from an HIV response primarily funded by international donors to one funded and operated by the Government of Vietnam (GVN) through public health facilities and the social health insurance (SHI) scheme. Abt Associates currently seeks a qualified Office Assistant to support the SFHA project in Vietnam.
Reporting to the Finance and Administration Manager, the Office Assistant will perform custodial work in the Abt Vietnam SFHA project office, to include cleaning, stocking, inventory, hospitality, general maintenances, photocopying, printing, logistic arrangement assignments.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Vacuum and polish carpets and floors
- Clean kitchen; polish water fountains, windows, and glass doors; dust woodwork in the office areas, office equiment, kitchen, and storage
- Dust, wax, and polish office furniture and kitchen cupboards
- Empty waste baskets and ashtrays
- Inform landlord to replace burned out bulbs of electric fixtures as soon as it happens
- Responsible for reporting broken windows, stopped up drains, and leaking plumbing to the F&A Manager and informing the building technician to fix them
- Purchase kitchen and bathroom supplies, beverages, cleaning materials, office stationary and other miscellaneous office products from petty cash fund and prepare order list of office supplies needed when stocks run shor
- Provide prompt expense reports and obtain petty cash advance from the F&A Manager
- Perform routine maintenance chores around the office
- Provide beverage service for guests and staff as requested
- Assist in the preparation of office workshops in terms of arrangement of set up of meeting room, stationary, and flipcharts
- Perform basic office support functions that include photocopying, messenger duties (collecting bank statements or sending transactions to the bank; paying office ultility, telephone/internet bills; and binding materials/documents etc and other adminitration work)
- Assist admin team in pasting receipts, filing documents, posting correspondences, ect.
- Other duties as assigned by the COP and the F&A Manager
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- 5-7 years of experience in handling similar tasks, preferably in international organizations
- Hardworking, honest and service-driven
- A high school diploma is required
Note: This position is based in Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Prior work experience is preferable
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm's values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.