Abt Associates Administration Manager / Finance and Administration Manager - SFHA Vietnam in United States
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
Abt Associates will implement the Sustainable Financing for HIV Activity (SFHA) in Vietnam, a two- year program funded by USAID/PEPFAR to support Vietnam’s transition from an HIV response primarily funded by international donors to one funded and operated by the Government of Vietnam (GVN) through public health facilities and the social health insurance (SHI) scheme. Abt Associates currently seeks a qualified Finance and Administration Manager to support the SFHA project in Vietnam.
Reporting to the Chief of Party, the Finance and Administration Manager will be responsible for all financial and administrative functions of the office, including management and accounting, operations, human resources, financial reporting and projects, and ensuring compliance with USAID policies and procedures; will supervise finance and administrative team.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Supervise, support and manage the Sustainable Financing for HIV Project operational, administrative and financial staff
- Provide operational guidance to SFHIV’s employees and consultants
- Monitor subcontractors’ budget performance
- Organize and coordinate the preparation of quarterly and annual financial reports and other financial reports, and provide operational support to all other major project deliverables
- Maintain and enhance the administrative and managerial systems necessary to operate a complex overseas project
- Administer USAID and Abt systems and procedures in support of local and international purchasing and procurement, and in support of subcontracting to ensure continual and smooth operation
- Assist the Chief of Party (COP) on all human resource management activities, including (but not limited to) job descriptions, recruitment and hiring, employee performance reviews, monitoring of employee leaves, management of employee benefits, etc.
- Coordinate closely with the Abt Associates home office Project Manager and Contract Administrator to ensure compliance with USAID and Abt contractual and reporting requirements
- Lead close out operations with the local authorities during the closeout project
- Act as focal point person for Abt HQ and site management for project close out
- Provide the lead for subcontractor and consulting agreement close out
- Per USAID and Abt Associates guidance, assure that the project maintains the highest administrative, financial, and operational standards for compliance and audits
- Assure the development and monitoring of project budgets, accurate financial reports, and projection of funding needs, in close coordination with technical staff and the Finance and Contract Manager at Abt/Rockville
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Masters Degree in Business, Accounting or related degree
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience in financial management of international projects including experience managing USAID projects
- Familiarity with compliance of USG Cost Accounting Standards
- Experience in financial management
- Familiarity with donor-funded projects
- Strong organizational and coordination skills, andtimely follow-up
- Experience coordinating event logistics
- Understanding of the local context, including rules and regulations for banking, social insurance, and other legal requirements required to operate a site office
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc), knowledge of Oracle a plus
- Fluency in English and Vietnamese required
Note: This position is based in Hanoi, Vietnam.
- (8+) years of experience and a bachelor degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm's values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.