Abt Associates Project Assistant / Mwanza Store Keeper - VectorLink Tanzania in Tanzania
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Vector Control Task Order 1. Task Order 1 will support the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an integrated vector control approach with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria. Abt has implemented indoor residual spraying (IRS) for PMI since 2011, delivering high-quality IRS programs and gathering the most comprehensive vector control entomological data in the world. Under this contract, Abt will expand entomological monitoring to guide programs focused on insecticide-treated mosquito nets and IRS and continue to assist PMI in reducing the burden of malaria through IRS and capacity building in 22 African countries where malaria is endemic. Abt also will continue to support PMI in IRS monitoring and evaluation, as well as environmental compliance.
Under the supervision of the Logistics Officer, the Project Assistant 8/ Mwanza Store Keeper manages the project’s warehouse in Mwanza.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Receives all Abt Associates VectorLink project commodities and records them in ledger books in a timely manner.
- Receives and inspects all incoming materials and reconciles with the delivery document and distributes documentation to the concerned and tracks damages and discrepancies on orders received.
- Reports on the quality and quantity of the received commodities, ensures that quantities dispatched as per consignors’ documents match the quantities received, and endorses documents.
- Maintains clean storing conditions.
- Ensures good warehousing practices.
- Supervises the offloading and stacking of the commodities, follows up by tracking the commodities in the pipeline, and reports the same to the appropriate personnel.
- Controls incoming IRS equipment and commodities by such methods as physical counts, random weight checks, and rejections of any damaged and/or poor quality items back to vendors.
- Handles and maintains accurate store records -- stock cards, bin cards, incoming and outgoing ledger book, etc.
- Supervises the central store guards and maintain appropriate security system for the store.
- Ensures that the USAID/PMI IRS environmental compliance and safety requirements are followed at all times.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
Bachelors Degree in Logistics, Management, Procurement, or other relevant field.
At least two years of experience in warehouse/store and inventory management.
- Knowledge of handling insecticide and spray equipment.
- Knowledge of environmental monitoring and safety.
- Record keeping and organizational skills.
MS Word, MS Excel and/or MS Access.
Ability to fluently write and speak English.
- ( 2+ ) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled