Abt Associates Finance Assistant - VectorLink Tanzania in Tanzania
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Vector Control Task Order 1. Task Order 1 will support the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an integrated vector control approach with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria. Abt has implemented indoor residual spraying (IRS) for PMI since 2011, delivering high-quality IRS programs and gathering the most comprehensive vector control entomological data in the world. Under this contract, Abt will expand entomological monitoring to guide programs focused on insecticide-treated mosquito nets and IRS and continue to assist PMI in reducing the burden of malaria through IRS and capacity building in 22 African countries where malaria is endemic. Abt also will continue to support PMI in IRS monitoring and evaluation, as well as environmental compliance.
Under the supervision of the Accountant, the Finance Assistant (Junior) - LOCAL / Finance Assistant provides a wide range of administrative and financial support
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist the Accountant with the timely submission of the ROV in accordance with Abt Associates procedures and policies.
- Scan and upload all financial documents into Abt’s webbased accounting software, ISMS
- Assists the Accountant with preparation of payment vouchers and corresponding checks.
- Assists the Accountant with the review of invoices and expense reports before payment and following up with vendors and staff to gather back up documentation.
- Perform general clerical duties, to include but not be limited to photocopying, scanning, faxing, filing, and mailing.
- Provide office administrative support including organization and facilitation for internal meetings, drafting agendas, and taking minutes;
- Maintain hard copy and electronic versions of a project archive, including contract and subcontract documents, client approvals, consultant documents, travel files, procurement files, project deliverables, project reports , and minutes of meetings.
- Manage and document correspondences between project offices, the home office, the client, other partners, and stakeholders.
- Assist staff in the process of completing Timesheets and completing Advance and Travel Expense Reports.
- Make logistical arrangements for project staff traveling outside their region or for international visitors as needed.
- Prepare and send pouches to District Region(s) as needed.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Secondary School (minimum), or a Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Management, Business, or other relevant field (desirable).
- Experience in Accounting and Program Financial Management.
- Experience with USAID-funded programs highly desirable.
- Experience in payroll management, petty cash management, financial reporting, and budget tracking.
- Prior experience in office administration.
- Knowledge and experience with Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other data processing and graphical presentation software.
- Ability to assess problems and develop solutions.
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills and excellent organization skills.
- Preference for candidates who have experience that relates to USAID-funded projects or other international development experience.
- Fluency in English
- (2+) years of experience and high school diploma OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled