Abt Associates Technical Specialist / Outreach Specialist - HSDA Jordan in Jordan
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Outreach Specialist to support the HSDA project in Jordan. The Outreach Specialist will oversee the outreach program for health including home visits to clients, develop/update strategy for the program to cover reproductive, maternal, and neonatal and child health, manage the capacity building program for community health workers including counselling guidelines, and ensure timely data collection and reporting according to M&E requirements.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage the selection of NGO and CBO partners according to USAID/HSD procedures
- Oversee and coordinate these partners to effectively implement grassroots outreach. This includes: Supervise outreach partners in utilizing and expanding their door-to-door model when applicable
- Conduct strategic planning with the implementing partners on canvas areas, client profiles, coverage approach, education messages and appropriate monitoring and evaluation
- Follow-up execution of partners’ work plans, subcontracts terms and agreements, and ensure accurate invoicing
- Conduct analysis, report progress and achievements against project work plans, and identify needs for adjustment
- Provide management and technical assistance to maintain quality of or improve the data collection, recording and analysis system in coordination with NGO and CBO partners
- Supervise the training, supervision and evaluation of CHWs associated with partner NGOs and CBOs, Support problem solving and outreach monitoring
- Identify, engage, and build capacity among new partners to provide community outreach
- Coordinate with stakeholders within Jordan to ensure smooth operation of the community outreach
- Collaborate with other USAID funded projects on community outreach- related issues
- Supervise HSD outreach staff and provide them with technical assistance and guidance
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; complete fluency in written and spoken Arabic and in written and spoken English
- Direct experience in supporting USAID- or other donor-funded health programs preferred
- BA in Public Health, Community Health, Sociology, Social Work, or other relevant field
- At least eight (8) years of professional experience in community engagement activities in Jordan
- Solid understanding of FP/RH and gender issues in Jordan
- Highly developed strategic planning, management, and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work with and across multiple teams
- Ability to work effectively at all levels in an organization, strong problem solving/decision-making ability; and team player with ability to work with and through others
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm's values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.