Abt Associates Technical Specialist / Hospital SDI Specialist - HSDA Jordan in Jordan
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Hospital SDI Specialist to support the International Development Division and the HSDA project in Jordan.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide technical, administrative and operational support to all Hospital team members on HSDA implementation.
- Provide technical and operational support to team members and other partners/stakeholder on the application and understanding of USAID policies, strategies, processes and best practices on health and related issues to support program implementation, operations and delivery of results.
- Collaborate with other HSDA teams and team members to integrate efforts to institutionalize and increase sustainability across the components and sectors of the overall program. Assist other teams in capacity building as needed.
- Oversee the Implementation of standardized, evidence-based care through a continuous quality improvement collaborative process.
- Coordinate and maintain effective close working partnerships with counterparts, through active sharing of information and knowledge to enhance HSDA implementation.
- Assist the Lead in development of all clinical materials related to RMNCH+ integrated package.
- Provide effective methods to improve the clinical / documentation practices, and management capacity in delivering services.
- Design and manage the implementation of RMNCH+ clinical training interventions/capacity building.
- Develop and implement tools and processes to monitor compliance with RMNCH+ clinical pathways.
- Strengthen the capacity of counterpart organizations through participating as a resource person in capacity building initiatives to manage and sustain RMNCH+ services.
- Assist and coach SDI Officers in the implementation of their tasks when needed.
- Oversee all team members' assigned facilities, to provide technical support and/or refer to relevant officials for resolution when needed.
- Undertake field visits along with team members, and collect/share information with partners/stakeholders to assess progress.
- Report on critical issues, bottlenecks and potential problems for timely action to achieve results.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation department's progress reports when needed.
- Ensure proper documentation and data collection through the development of related tools and providing appropriate supervision.
- Attend and facilitate coordination meetings with counterparts.
- Prepare progress reports (Quarter reports, ISDIC) ensuring accuracy, timeliness and relevancy of information.
- Draft components for the yearly operational plan related to clinical services.
- Draft relevant sections for the quarterly and annual reports.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Master's Degree Ideally in Ob/Gyn or Pediatrics Medicine or as Family Health Doctor, nursing, midwifery or another health related
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in RMNCH+ programs in Jordan is required
- Significant experience in maternal, newborn, family planning and child health programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written English and Arabic are required.
- Work experience in USAID- or other donor-funded health programs is preferred.
- Experience in data analysis and quality improvement is preferred.
- Field work experience is an advantage.
- (6+) years of experience and a master degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled