Abt Associates Project Assistant / NGO Officer - HSDA Jordan in Jordan
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified NGO Officer to support the HSDA project in Jordan.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Assist in the implementation of all USAID Health Service delivery activities to improve integrated reproductive, maternal, neonate and child health services (RMNCH+), through:
- Assist assigned NGO clinics in the implementation and monitoring of integrated RMNCH+ services
- Conduct scheduled field visits to provide technical support regarding the RMNCH+ services in the assigned NGO clinics
- Provide technical support including coaching, on-the job training, and training sessions on RMNCH+ services
- Perform data collection, sampling and documentation to monitor the project’s indicators ensuring accuracy, timeliness and relevancy of information
Preferred Skills / Prerequsites
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Maternal and Child health services or any other related health field
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written English / Arabic are required
- Work experience in USAID, or other donor-funded health programs, is preferred
- Excellent computer skills in MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm's values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.