Abt Associates Administration Manager / Risk Manager - ZAP Honduras in Honduras
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
The USAID-funded President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) Zika AIRS Project (ZAP) supports USAID Missions and Bureaus to plan, implement, and monitor and evaluate vector control activities to prevent mosquito-borne diseases (including malaria and Zika) in African, Latin American, and Caribbean countries where USAID supports vector control efforts. The overall goal of the project is to reduce the burden of vector-borne diseases by enhancing USAID’s ability to implement mosquito control programs on the ground by providing technical expertise, building local governments’ capacity, creating innovative implementation models, conducting cost-effective commodity procurement and logistics systems, and engaging local communities in affected countries.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Administration Manager / Risk Manager to support the International Development Division with the ZAP Project in Honduras. Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, the Risk Manager focuses on safety and security procedures for the project staff by developing and maintaining personnel security and safety protocols, providing relevant trainings, establishing travel management program, and conducting risk assessments among other tasks.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and supervise security planning and operations to effectively support program management and the achievement of program goals
- Oversee the establishment of a Security Management Team (SMT) consisting of senior officers that will work closely with and depend heavily on the counsel and guidance of the ZAP project Regional Security Manager
- Develop and maintain all plans and protocols relating to personnel safety and the management of security programs and policies to include security management plans, current risk and vulnerability assessments, incident and crisis response plans, pre- and post-arrival security briefings, and business continuity plans as required
- Ensure all incidents are reported to the Abt home office within 24 hours as they occur. Produce incidents report following the templates in English and Spanish
- Manage and oversee a comprehensive training program to include security training, situational awareness, hostile environment training, travel management, fire safety and first aid, incident response/management, and crisis response and preparation training
- Solicit the services of and hire a local guard service provider. Develop detailed Post Orders for guards assigned at all ZAP Honduras project facilities. Oversee guard force conduct and discipline at all facilities and act as a focal point with all guard service providers
- Manage and oversee all driver selection and training, dispatch, communications, and vehicle maintenance
- Certify and standardize expectations for the retention of a local hire-car service provider
- Develop and oversee a comprehensive travel management program based on current risk assessments, road reconnaissance, and the full use of information gathering networks. Incorporate the use of satellite phones, GPS tracking, vehicle management and convoy discipline as required along with periodic and mandatory reporting requirements to ensure staff accountability during the conduct of personnel movements
- Provide regular assessments and recommendations regarding personal, technical, communications, and physical security to the SMT and Abt’s Director of Global Security
- Conduct initial and periodic reassessments of all program leased property to include office space, residences, and warehouses and make recommendations regarding upgrades and enhancements as appropriate to the SMT and Abt’s Director of Global Security
- Coordinate investigations to clarify criminal actions that threaten the security and safety of the project staff by collecting information from different sources and advising on pertinent measures and solutions (when needed)
- Build active networks to gather current safety/security information and take responsibility for all security relationships with partners, contractor organizations, embassies, international NGOs, local law enforcement and military organizations, and community representatives
- Coordinate with state security the strategies to implement and to obtain the agencies’ support and collaboration agencies (when needed)
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- At least four (4) years of relevant professional experience in law enforcement, military, security management, risk management incident/crisis response, safety and emergency management required
- Understanding of the security environment in Honduras desirable
- Excellent systematic planning, methodical, organized with capacity for systematic analysis
- Working well under pressure and in crisis environments
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience and familiarity with USAID or other donor programs is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are highly desirable
- (4+) years of experience and a bachelor degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled