Abt Associates Technical Specialist / Procurement / Infrastructure Specialist - Integrated Health DRC in Congo, Democratic Republic of the (Congo ? Kinshasa)
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
The USAID-funded Integrated Health Programs for the DRC (IHP-DRC) supports USAID’s strategy on Health Systems Strengthening in the DRC. USAID seeks to strengthen the capacity of Congolese institutions and communities to deliver quality, integrated health services to sustainably improve the health status of the Congolese population.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Procurement / Infrastructure Specialist to support the International Development Division's Integrated Health Project in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The Procurement / Infrastructure Specialist is responsible for the procurement of commodities, materials, equipment and supplies for the Kinshasa office and regional offices.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage the procurement of goods and services, commodities, material and suppliers for Kinshasa and the regional offices
- Ensure that all procurements follow relevant USAID’ rules and regulations and Abt Associates’ policies and procedures
- Review and approve all procurement files prior to processing for payment
- Serve as the external point of contact for all procurement related inquiries
- Collaborate with technical teams to draft commodity specification and service scope of work. Draft the requests for quotations and solicitations for bids
- Lead the vendor selection process
- Convene a procurement evaluation committee when needed and facilitate the review and evaluation of procurements, as appropriate. Responsible for drafting evaluation reports
- Work with admin staff to prepare and issue purchase orders
- Initiate review and payment process for vendor invoices
- Ensure that all staff especially the admin staff are trained on and aware of proper procurement procedures
- Responsible for managing the inventory of the Kinshasa office and the different regional offices. Responsible for auditing the project inventory list in the different offices
- Conduct occasional procurement file audits to ensure compliance
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
Bachelor degree in Business, Management or other relevant field
At least 8 years of relevant professional experience in public procurement inclusive of some experience in public health procurement
Experience on USAID-funded development programs and thorough knowledge of Federal and AID Acquisition Regulations (FARs and AIDARs) is highly desired. Strong knowledge of USAID rules and regulations as they relate to procurement
Excellent capacity building, organizational and computer skills
Fluency in French and excellent verbal communication and writing skills in English
Ability to manage complex activities and complete tasks on short notice
- At least five (5) years of experience providing administrative and/or operational support to donor-funded projects. Experience supporting USAID contracts preferred
- (8+) years of experience and a master degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled