Abt Associates Technical Specialist / Communications Advisor - Integrated Health DRC in Congo, Democratic Republic of the (Congo ? Kinshasa)
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
The USAID-funded Integrated Health Programs for the DRC (IHP-DRC) supports USAID’s strategy on Health Systems Strengthening in the DRC. USAID seeks to strengthen the capacity of Congolese institutions and communities to deliver quality, integrated health services to sustainably improve the health status of the Congolese population.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Communications Advisor to support the International Development Division's Integrated Health Project in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The Communications Advisor will ensure that messages to key audiences are disseminated through diverse media outlets and that it protects and promotes IHP-DRC’s public image. Under the direction of the Knowledge Communications Advisor, the Communications Advisor will support the development and strategic operations of knowledge and information management.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the implementation of an integrated communication strategy that promotes IHP-DRC’s messages to key audiences through diverse media
- Protect and promotes IHP-DRC public image
- Provide input for the development of Annual Communications Work Plan, implement under the direction of the Knowledge Communications Advisor and monitor activities against plan and budget
- Support the development and strategic operations of knowledge and information management, including the technical infrastructure to support effective communications to internal and external audiences
- Oversee news, multi-media, e-communications, editorial publishing, information management and technology functions
- Support the Knowledge Communications Advisor in managing the project website by updating the website information, data, and ensuring that links are accurate and updated on a regular basis
- Ensure consistent and coherent corporate and editorial style across all outputs including media and audiovisual material, publications, documentation, action and internal materials
- Provide staff with standardized report templates so that project reports are written according to USAID branding guidelines
- Support the development of communications management infrastructure
- Keep an organized database of photos (including source of the photos, due credit, etc.)
- Manage other print needs (brochures, CD-ROMs, booth materials, primers, etc.)
- Write IHP-DRC success stories for publication
- Liaise with Abt Corporate Communications and other Abt communications staff
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Bachelors Degree in Communications, Public Health, or other relevant field
- At least six (6) years of relevant professional experience in communications and dissemination
- Experience in public health is desirable
- Experience with USAID is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, initiative, and good judgment
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems
- Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy
- Ability to develop networks and managing relationships with key stakeholders
- Fluency in French and excellent verbal communication and writing skills in English
- (6+) years of experience and a master degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled