Abt Associates Technical Specialist / Application / Web Developer - Integrated Health DRC in Congo, Democratic Republic of the (Congo ? Kinshasa)
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
The USAID-funded Integrated Health Programs for the DRC (IHP-DRC) supports USAID’s strategy on Health Systems Strengthening in the DRC. USAID seeks to strengthen the capacity of Congolese institutions and communities to deliver quality, integrated health services to sustainably improve the health status of the Congolese population.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Application / Web Developer to support the International Development Division's Integrated Health Project in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The Application / Web Developer is responsible for developing HTML code, ASP’s, and Java programming for database web applications.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Interpret functional requirements of business users, write technical specifications for components of major systems
- Code and test solutions. Develop unit test plans; coordinate integrated testing with technical team. Document procedures
- Write/code Java-based applications accessing Oracle 8I database. Write and implement database triggers, SQL, extensions using PL/SQL
- Support and maintain existing web-based database applications using dynamic HTML, ASP’s, and SQL stored procedures
- Support IT Manager in troubleshooting and resolution activities
- Write and test reports requested for end users
- Test applications or technologies that are developed or deployed within the Information Technology Department. This testing may require offsite or off-hour work for which compensatory time will be provided
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Web Development, Application Development, Software Development or related field
- At least 8 years of experience in web and/or application development
- PL/SQL, experience writing triggers, PL/SQL packaged procedures
- Strong knowledge of ASP’s, VB or Java script
- Oracle J Developer or development of Java applications accessing an Oracle 8i Database
- Familiarity with SQLJ, JDBC, and JAVA servlets
- Data analysis skills a plus
- Fluency in French and excellent verbal communication and writing skills in English
- (8+) years of experience and a master degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled