Abt Associates Office Assistant / Receptionist - Integrated Health DRC in Congo, Democratic Republic of the (Congo ? Kinshasa)
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
The USAID-funded Integrated Health Programs for the DRC (IHP-DRC) supports USAID’s strategy on Health Systems Strengthening in the DRC. USAID seeks to strengthen the capacity of Congolese institutions and communities to deliver quality, integrated health services to sustainably improve the health status of the Congolese population.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Receptionist to support the International Development Division's Integrated Health Project in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Under the supervision of the Director of Finance and Administration, the Receptionist provides a wide range of administrative, logistics and accounting support to the IHP-DRC Central Project office in Kinshasa.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Answer incoming telephone calls, take complete and accurate messages for people who are not available, and ensure they receive the messages
- Directs authorized visitors to the proper offices, verifying appointments and arranging for escorts. Provides office administrative support including organization and facilitation for internal meetings, drafting agendas, and taking minutes
- Maintain hard copy and electronic versions of a project archive, including contracts and subcontract documents, client approvals, consultant documents, travel files, procurement files, project deliverables, project reports, and minutes of meetings
- Manage and document correspondence between project offices, the home office, the client, other partners, and stakeholders
- Serves as a time card proxy for the project staff when they are on travel
- Make logistical arrangements for project staff traveling outside their region or for international visitors
- Maintains and updates project contact list, distributes incoming mail, prepares outgoing mail
- Assists with office management (cleanliness and order) and develops and institutes office support activities
- Assists with procurement functions, specifically but not limited to preparing requests for quotations, quotations or bids analyses, preparing purchases requisitions and orders, and filing procurement documents
- Coordinates vehicles’ pool: Vehicle pool, arrangement and scheduling of transportation and review of vehicle log
- Assists with organizing events such as workshops/training, specifically but not limited to arranging for venue, contacting participants, sending letter of invitations
- Act as project timesheet proxy and ensure that staff submit their timesheet on time. Prepares and sends pouches to field sites, as needed
- Performs general clerical duties, to include but not be limited to photocopying, scanning, faxing, filing, and mailing as requested
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Diploma from secondary or technical school, bachelors degree desirable
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience in office administration
- Excellent knowledge and experience with Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other data processing and graphical presentation software
- Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy highly desirable
- Ability to assess problems and develop solutions
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills and excellent organization skills
- Preference for candidates who have experience that relates to USAID-funded projects or other international development experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in French and English are desirable
- ( 0 ) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled