Abt Associates Office Assistant / Executive Secretariat - DRC IHP in Congo, Democratic Republic of the (Congo ? Kinshasa)
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
The USAID-funded Integrated Health Programs for the DRC (IHP-DRC) supports USAID’s strategy on Health Systems Strengthening in the DRC. USAID seeks to strengthen the capacity of Congolese institutions and communities to deliver quality, integrated health services to sustainably improve the health status of the Congolese population.
The Office Assistant/ Executive Secretariat will provide administrative and logistic support to the IHP Senior management team and will assist with administrative and logistics matters. Detailed scope of work is as follows:
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Compose routine correspondence, types and formats a variety of documents.
- Responsible for writing and records minutes for periodic meetings to document discussions, assignments, agreements, and action items.
- Assist the COP, DCOP and F&A Director in managing their respective calendars.
- Assist the staff directly in setting up and maintaining files, contacting partners, and in maintaining schedule.
- Assist with organizing events such as workshops/training, specifically but not limited to arranging for venue, contacting participants, sending letter of invitations.
- Arrange and plan timely airport pick up, reception for project partners and visitors.
- Network and liaise with diplomatic missions, immigration and other relevant agencies to facilitate and ensure that staff have appropriate travel documents i.e. visas, residence/work permits.
- Ensure guest hospitality, facilitate all logistics as needed and duly communicated.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Secondary School (minimum), or Technical School Diploma, or Bachelors Degree in Administration, Management, Business, Social Science, or other relevant field (desirable).
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience in office administration working for a USAID funded project.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other data processing and graphical presentation software.
- Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy highly desirable.
- Ability to assess problems and develop solutions.
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills and excellent organization skills.
- Preference for candidates who have experience that relates to USAID-funded projects or other international development experience.
- Fluency in French and some verbal communication and writing skills in English is desirable.
- ( 0 ) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled