Abt Associates Driver - Integrated Health DRC in Congo, Democratic Republic of the (Congo ? Kinshasa)
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
The USAID-funded Integrated Health Programs for the DRC (IHP-DRC) supports USAID’s strategy on Health Systems Strengthening in the DRC. USAID seeks to strengthen the capacity of Congolese institutions and communities to deliver quality, integrated health services to sustainably improve the health status of the Congolese population.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Driver to support the International Development Division's Integrated Health Project in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The driver will operate and maintain a motor vehicle for the transportation of passengers or cargo strictly for project purposes only.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Operates a passenger motor vehicle in accordance with Administrative Manager or Office Manager’s instructions to transport project personnel and official visitors within the city and surrounding area and travel to the next city
- Maintains vehicle in clean and serviceable condition and performs minor maintenance of a preventative nature
- Maintain an accurate vehicle log book for all trips. May manage a group of drivers and vehicles
- Perform daily inspection of vehicle to include tire pressure, oil and water levels
- Ensure that vehicle insurance is always current
- Report any incidents, accidents or injuries immediately to supervisor
- Quickly notify supervisor about any major repairs and maintenance needed on vehicle
- Follow all driving laws and regulations
- May be assigned to drive the head of the project or VIP visitors for a portion of the time
- May deliver documents and conduct general business on behalf of the company including basic negotiation skills
- May operate a small bus or carryall on a regular run one or more times a day
- May drive pickup or light trucks to deliver materials and equipment
- Represent the project, Abt Associates and USAID with professional behavior and communication skills in a diplomatic manner
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of six months of experience as a professional driver
- Must have local driver’s license appropriate to type of vehicle operated
- Must be familiar with local traffic laws and area traffic patterns
- Fluency in French
- Some command of verbal English is desirable
- High school (desirable), valid driver's license, plus 1 year commercial driving experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled