Abt Associates Administrative Assistant - Integrated Health DRC in Congo, Democratic Republic of the (Congo ? Kinshasa)
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
The USAID-funded Integrated Health Programs for the DRC (IHP-DRC) supports USAID’s strategy on Health Systems Strengthening in the DRC. USAID seeks to strengthen the capacity of Congolese institutions and communities to deliver quality, integrated health services to sustainably improve the health status of the Congolese population.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Administrative Assistant to support the International Development Division's Integrated Health Project in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Under the supervision of the Logistics & Program Manager (Administration Manager), the Administrative Assistant supports the office operations and provides office management and logistic support to the DRC-IHP Central Office in Kinshasa.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist in planning the logistics for project activities including workshops, training and meetings, lodging and travel arrangements, specifically but not limited to contacting participants, negotiating and securing event space as well as supervising the process of paying per diem and snacks/meals
- Provide travel logistics support to staff and partners including the booking of transport and accommodation
- Assists with office management (cleanliness and order) and develops and institutes office support activities. Supervise cleaners and drivers
- Ensure the proper use of goods, materials, and equipment at the office
- Perform general clerical duties, to include but not be limited to photocopying, scanning, faxing, filing and mailing
- Assist the Procurement / Infrastructure Specialist in procurements tasks, including preparing for requests for quotations, quotations or bids analyses, preparing purchases requisitions and orders, and filing procurement documents
- Assists the Procurement/ Infrastructure specialist in updating the project inventory list
- Control stock of office supplies
- Ensure timely settlement of office bills by communicating upcoming payment needs to the DRC-IHP Kinshasa Central Office
- Assist drivers and other district staff in the process of completing timesheets and completing Advance and Travel Expense Reports
- Keep records of all documents received
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Secondary School (minimum), or Technical School Diploma, or Bachelors Degree in Administration, Management, Business, Social Science, or other relevant field (desirable)
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in office administration working for a USAID funded project
- Excellent knowledge and experience with Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other data processing and graphical presentation software
- Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy highly desirable
- Ability to assess problems and develop solutions
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills and excellent organization skills
- Preference for candidates who have experience that relates to USAID-funded projects or other international development experience
- Fluency in French and some verbal communication and writing skills in English is desirable
- (3+) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled