Abt Associates Administration Manager / Logistics and Program Manager - Integrated Health DRC in Congo, Democratic Republic of the (Congo ? Kinshasa)
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
The USAID-funded Integrated Health Programs for the DRC (IHP-DRC) supports USAID’s strategy on Health Systems Strengthening in the DRC. USAID seeks to strengthen the capacity of Congolese institutions and communities to deliver quality, integrated health services to sustainably improve the health status of the Congolese population.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Logistics and Program Manager to support the International Development Division's Integrated Health Project in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The Logistics and Program Manager will be stationed in Kinshasa DRC and will provide administrative leadership under the supervision of the Finance and Administration Director.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversee the management of Human Resources issues in conjunction with the Finance and Administrative Director
- Oversee the logistics for all project activities, including worshops, training and meetings, lodging and travel arrangements, specifically but not limited to contacting participants, negotiating and securing event space
- Work with the Admin team to oversee the travel logisticts of staff and partners including the booking of transport and accomodation
- Provide office management and logistic support to the Kinshasa office
- Work with the procurement specialist to oversee the procurement activities, ensure that all procurement documents are in compliance with USAID rules and regulations and Abt’s policies and procedures and ensure proper administration of the procurement process until the final acceptance of goods/services
- Work with the procurement specialist to oversee the inventory list of the different project offices. Responsible for auditing the project inventory list in the different offices
- Support the development, execution, and management of local subcontractor and local consultant agreements
- Supervise and coach the procurement specialist, IT Manager and other administrative staff
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Management, Logistics or other relevant field
- At least 10 years of professional experience in managing logistics, procurement, office management of large international development projects, preferably USAID-funded projects
- Demonstrated organizational, reporting and management skills. Planning skills of project tasks and budgets highly desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates leadership and team work and produces high quality work in a timely, cost effective manner
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work as part of a team, including international, national, and provincial counterparts
- Experience with USAID and donor projects is preferred
- Fluency in French and excellent verbal communication and writing skills in English
- (8+) years of experience and a bachelor degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled