Abt Associates Business Development Manager / Regional Partner in Rockville, Maryland
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
Abt Associates seeks Business Development (BD) Managers/Regional Partners to support the continued growth of the International Development Division Regions. In particular, Abt seeks a Regional Business Development Partner for the Asia, Middle East and North Africa region, and one for the East, Central and Southern Africa region. The BD Regional Partner will play an integral role in the division’s business development team as well as the business development life cycle.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Partners with Regional Managing Director (RMD) and IDD VP of Business Development to advance business development in the region
- Provides management and support for regional pipeline development, in consultation with RMD and IDD VP of BD;
- Provides input into bid/no-bid decisions and updates and maintains the pipeline tracker for the region
- Provides management and quality assurance on bid/capture efforts, across sectors, in the region
- Serves in proposal line roles such as: proposal manager, lead technical writer, management writer, personnel writer, institutional capability writer, annex writer, etc.
- Staffs bid/capture efforts and supports regional management and team
- Serves as primary BD liaison for region and RMD. Attends regional staff and other relevant regional meetings, including country coordination meetings.
- Coordinates closely with account managers
- Support the day-to-day operations and management of business development across the region
- Leads data analysis, reporting, and knowledge management to inform business development strategy and operations
- Conducts long-term and short-term strategic research that informs the growth strategy of the region
- Manages a database of partners, setting up meetings and facilitating relationships
- Maintains new business files, resources, tools
- Supports training program to build the capacity of business development across the division
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Master’s degree in international development, or other related field.
- At least 5-8 years of experience in business development and proposal development in the donor-funded international development field.
- Demonstrated experience and success in all aspects of capture and proposal processes.
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills with excellent writing and computer skills.
- A passion for excellence and a commitment to quality.
- Bachelor degree and 8 – 10 years of experience the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer commited to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled